Saturday, December 12, 2020

Fun with the Lensbaby Velvet 56mm Lens

 Whenever I'm in a flower garden or park in Yokohama I notice that a lot of the female photographers are using the Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f1.6 lens on their camera. Out of curiosity I decided to get one for my Sony A7II camera and give it a whirl. 

I started my day out in Yokohama Park.

I think I'm lucky. The leaves on the trees are at their autumn peak and the available sunlight is just right.

The Velvet 56 is a unique lens. If you're interested in it there are plenty of YouTube videos on it.

The park is amazing! I'll let the pictures speak for them selves. 







Moving on. Many of the Ginan trees along Nihon Odori boulevard are still looking magnificent.

I'm passed by a gaggle of cyclists as I walk to Yamashita park.

The flower garden in Yamashita park is always a good place to check out a new lens.




Next up is one of my favorite statues. She's located in French Hill Park near the Motomachi shopping district. 

It's just one park after another. This fountain is in the Harbor View Park.

It's such a perfect day even the classic cars are coming out to play.

The velvet 56 can make people look soft and dreamy.

Or, it can be sharper if desired.

I like the dreamy look myself.

China Town of course.


I decided to return to Yokohama Park to check out the afternoon sunlight.

I am not disapointed.





One look back at Nihon Odori Boulevard. 

Everyone is doing their part to help stop the spread of you know what.

When you see the train is coming you know it's time to go.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!

















No comments:

Post a Comment