Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Yokohama and the Boulevards of Gold

Yokohama and the Boulevards of Gold; it's a must see seasonal thing.  So, take a look!


Nihon Odori Boulevard is lined with Ginnan trees and this time of year the leaves turn a golden yellow.

Even the sidewalks turn to gold.

Yamashita dori turns gold too!

I'm also taking these pictures in this post with a new camera and lens so some of these pictures are test shots to see what this new combo can do.

What new gear? A Fujifilm X-H1 camera and Fujinon XF 35mm f1.4 R lens. They were on sale and I sold some of my older stuff to pay for them.

Moving on: A digger goes to work in the heart of the city.

The Proud Boys of Japan.

Somebody is driving a nice new (very expensive) Bentley. Personally I don't think they look very nice. 

It's starting to rain.

Out comes the umbrellas. If you don't have one just walk close to somebody that does.

The rain stops, the masks stay.

Civic duty - we all wear them, we don't complain.

It's a cold day today. Best to stay close to each other.

Street eats in China town.

What are you two looking at?

I see, they're checking out their food.

I call this "Man waiting for the subway".

Last shot of day 1.
I call this "The subway has arrived". 

Day 2: It's raining gold.

Yamashita dori (boulevard) is gold plated and wet.

Looking down the boulevard of gold.

I'm looking for a place to sit down and eat my lunch. I think I'll keep looking.

It's starting to rain.

I ate my lunch in a park under cover. These guys are in China town looking for a restarant to eat their lunch.

Life can be lonely sometimes.

A bit to eat makes everything a little better.

Back at Nihon Odori boulevard.

Even in the rain this place is magical.

Car on the right - nice. Car on the left - WTF!

This Mercedes has got to cost a fortune. Why get it in the color of Kermit the frog? 

It's enough to make one wring their hands in exasperation.

She's got things on her mind.

He's got her on his mind.

We all have things to think about.

Last shot of day 2: Let's agree to disagree.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!
X-H1 camera, 56mm f1.2 lens














And, a real rare catch in Japan.








No comments:

Post a Comment