Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Fun with the X-Pro3 & Fujinon XF 16mm f2.8 lens

The Fujinon XF 16mm f2.8 R WR lens is a great lens that for some reason I don't use very often. On this particular day I had decided to go to the Harbor View Park in Yokohama to do some macro photography in the English Garden. In addition to my macro lens I decided to bring along the 16mm wide-angle lens too, and I'm glad I did. After I finished with the macro shots of flowers I switched to the 16mm; check it out!

 Day 1: (I had so much fun on this day, I went back out for a second day too!)

This is the observation deck at the Harbor View Park.

The Harbor View Park is my favorite park in Yokohama. And, that's something because there are a lot of parks in Yokohama.

Not far from the observation deck is my favorite park bench. 

You know you have a lot of free time on your hands when you have a favorite park bench. I can only say "welcome to the life of a retiree".

As I left the park I met a man with a stroller full of dogs.

The Harbor View Park is on a bluff high above Yokohama City. Surprisingly it's a fairly short walk down some steps to get back down to sea-level. At the bottom of that walk is Uchiki Pan Bakery. This is a terrific bakery that dates back to 1888.  I often buy sandwiches of baked goods from them to eat for lunch in the park. 
Uchiki-pan bakery info

However, on this day I was in the mood for a chili-dog. Only a couple blocks away from Uchiki Pan Bakery is "Burger Jo's". Located on a side street in Motomachi, this place is popular for their outstanding gourmet burgers but I go there strictly for the chili-dog with fries and coleslaw.  

It's heavenly goodness. 

After a filling lunch it's back on the road with the X-Pro3 camera & Fujinon XF 16mm f2.8 lens. I really do like to take pictures of people.

I think people are fascinating.

If you can't keep up with mommy and daddy they'll drag you along.

She looks very fashionable.

Business man on the move.

Passing through Isezaki shopping street. People are supposed to walk their bikes on this street. I guess he didn't get the word.

Not much activity in the Noge district today.

Crossing the street to get to the other side where the Hinode-cho train station is.

The late afternoon sunshine fills the train car that is taking me home.

Day 2: Back for some more.

This is an open-air coffee shop. Everything on the shelf is either coffee or related to coffee. 

These guys couldn't get more than six feet from the door of the convenience store before they sat down and started drinking their alcohol canned drinks. And, it's only about 10:00 in the morning. Welcome to Yokohama!

Not everyone is getting drunk at this time of the day.

I'm drinking coffee down by the waterfront. This 12oz cup of outstanding (cheap) coffee is only 150 yen at "Gooze" coffee shop. I think marketing might have chosen a better name for the shop, but whatever, the coffee is good.

This is a typical wide-angle shot of the Hikawa-Maru ship.

Well, well, well, a pretty young lady in a kimono in the Yamashita park flower garden. Let's take a closer look.

Even her handbag is beautiful.

Just a few feet away from her is another charming young woman wearing a large sweater. It must have taken a lot of yarn to knit that sweater.

As I entered America-Yama park I passed by 3 people with one thing in common.


Chinatown is always a good place to use a wide-angle lens.


Another photographer. 

Only in elementary school and she's already got her man.

Hey! It's a classic Chevrolet in front of Yokohama Park.  

Last shot of the day: Never take the bus when a walk will be better for your health!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus Shots!















2 comments:

  1. As always a great way to start my day!

    I also have a favorite bench now that I'm retired!

    Have a great day!

    Vanisguy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vanisguy! Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

      Enjoy your bench, you've earned it.

      All the best,
      Mike

      Delete