Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How I spent my New Year's time off

Time off! At New Year's time there is plenty of free time but that goes for everyone else too, so to avoid the crowds at all the popular places I went to the lesser popular places and did my thing; that is I walked around and took pictures of interesting things found in everyday life.

A stroll along the elevated promenade down by Oosanbashi. What a beautiful day it was.

Further down the way a spectacular view of the waterfront amusement area.

It's a vertical life in Yoshidacho. Since it's New Year's time many of the small businesses are closed.

Safety first, always stop your motor scooter before talking on the cell phone.

A gas street lamp in front of the Kanagawa Prefectural Museum.

One of the many bridges over the Ookagawa river.

Now, here is a great way to get the kids out of the house - ice skating!

I call this "Red Bricks & Braids".

Back in the '70s this building was the Seaman Merchants club. Now one floor of it is the Pilots Club.

Making a quick pass through China Town.

Then a high speed pass through Motomachi. This is the Pompadour bakery. Excellent baked goods at a reasonable price.

Stop! in the name of love, or you may get run over by a car. Think it over.

It looks like somebody has decided that it's time to start the new Year with a little healthy exercise.

I see the Hiyakawa maru is flying the colors today.

A 4 corner free for all pedestrian crossing.

A birds eye view of the Ookagawa river.

It's a beautiful day for a stroll in traditional Kimono.

Yes, it's my favorite street corner.

It looks like the ramen shop staff has a bit of an issue with a customer.

Good and cheap entertainment can be found at the Nogeyama Zoo. Admission is free!

The Nogeyama Zoo is quite small but it's a great place to bring the children. One of the biggest attractions is the Petting Zoo.

Children get to come in and get hands on experience with white mice, chickens, gunnie pigs and rabbits.

Run for your life! The fake plastic polar bear is loose!

Like I said, it's a small zoo, but it's a lot of fun for the children...

...and the adults too!

That's just like my eco-minded sweetheart - stop leaks, every drop counts.

Well, time to ride the rails home and we are not alone.

A tale of two trains, can you tell which one is coming or going?
I always enjoy the New Year's time off, I hope everyone else did too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

2 comments:

  1. I just realized I've been following your blog for two full years, since the end of 2012 to be precise. The time passes so fast!

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena, it's so nice of you to take the time to post such a wonderful comment. I'll do my best to try and keep you interested in following Sunjatta with all my future blog posts. All the best! Mike

      Delete