Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens is EXCITING!

The Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens is considered to be a portrait lens but that doesn't stop me from using it in very un-portrait like situations.

To be clear, this is the older Sigma 85mm lens that is no longer being manufactured. There is a newer 85mm "Art" lens that is Sigma's current version.

I just love how this lens brings things to life!

I'm using it on the Sigma Sd Quattro H camera; hence the colors are so vivid and beautiful.

I don't even know the name of these flowers but that doesn't stop me from enjoying their beauty.

On a hot humid summer day this fountain in front of Yokohama stadium brings us an illusion of being cool and comfortable.

Like an oasis in the middle of a desert.

Not far from the fountain orange lilies are blooming.

Maple trees bringing on the cool shade from the hot sun.

There are so many hydrangea blooming in Yokohama.

The city of Yokohama is like a giant flower garden.

Wherever I go...

Wherever I look...

On every street corner... flowers are blooming.

Look out any window...

And, guess what! Yep, there's a flower blooming.

My wife told me that the colors of the hydrangea are determined by the minerals in the ground that they grow on. She must be right because in our marriage we live by two simple rules:
Rule 1 - My wife is always right.
Rule 2 - When in doubt refer back to rule one.

Yep, more lilies - they're everywhere.

Okay, I don't know what this is but it sure looks cool.

One stretch of Yamashita park is lined with hydrangea.

Peekaboo, I see you.

I've had a nagging backache for a couple of weeks and getting down to take these pictures is killing me. Actually it's only a problem when I try to stand back up.


I'm running out of words to describe these beautiful flowers.

Wonderful, beautiful, fantastic... I love it!

Maybe a couple of street shots will help me out.

Passing through Isezaki shopping street.

Day two: A short visit to Kurihama.

The Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens brings a simple park pavilion to life.

I scaled a mighty mountain  big hill to get this shot of the Kurihama ferry in port.

To the right of the ferry port is the power plant. Looks like some major construction is going on.

The view from up here is quite enjoyable.

Back down at sea level a fisherman is talking on his iPhone. Makes me think that Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea" might have had a much different outcome had the fisherman carried a cell phone with him.

Years ago this was the site of a large fish cannery.

Now it's where old buddies shoot the breeze.

Last shot of the day: Gone to seed.

All I can say is the Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens is EXCITING to use.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike


Bonus shots!










No comments:

Post a Comment