Friday, June 22, 2018

An 85mm lens view of Yokohama

This is kind of a part 2 from my last blog post. Same Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens, same Sigma Sd Quattro H camera, same city, same me... however, it's a new day, fresh eyes, and still lovin' the excitement of walking around taking pictures. So, let's go!

We're running out of room for new buildings but doesn't seem to stop them from building more.

 Here we are waiting for the pedestrian crossing signal to change.

And, we're off! Looks like the guy on the bike turned into a girl.

There's one thing people take for granted but shouldn't and that's sidewalks. Yokohama has the best sidewalks.

It's a beautiful day for young couples in love. Looking out over the ocean, thinking about the future, happy to be together... talking to each other without the need to say the words.

Yokohama has plenty of park benches too!

There's a new water taxi in town.

Ah yes, the horizontal Stone Henge.

Walk, don't run.

Some people never listen.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd come here at night when the gas lamps are turned on.

As long as I've lived here I've never taken a ride on a tour boat. I guess it's not on my bucket list.

The good old bay bridge.

No need to be shy, let it all hang out!

Roses are red
Park benches are brown
Me and my camera
Walk around town

The motorcycle delivery man.

Moved indoors for a little coffee break.


Waiting for her man?

I've circled back to where I started the day.

Crossing the bridge over the Ookagawa river.

Getting the sidewalk cafe ready for business.

 Day 2: The light shines bright for those that want to see.

Mid-morning on the Isezaki shopping street.

Like I said, Yokohama has plenty of park benches.

It always cracks me up to see these kiddy carts. It's like the answer to herding kittens.

One of the many chestnut roasters in China town.

Somebody let the cook out of the kitchen.

Somke'em if you got'em.

After leaving China town I walked up the hill to the harbor view park to enjoy a bento (box lunch) in the flower garden. I noticed these leaves on a cherry tree had turned prematurely yellow. Global warming? The world is coming to an end? Radiation poison? Whatever the reason I liked the color and texture of the leaves and my lunch tasted great as well.

I take pictures with a camera because I'm not talented enough to paint them with water colors. When I looked over at his painting in progress I was blown away by his work.

I saw her standing there.

It's a long way to the top!

Proper after lunch use of a park bench.

Is it really 2 o'clock?

The green green grass of Yokohama.

The girl on the left is saying "slow down, these damn wooden flip-flops are killing my feet"

The girl on the right responds "you're always complaining about something, it was your idea to dress up in yukatas (casual summer kimono) and go for a walk. You're such a big baby!"

Did I make this up? Can I read lips? By-the-way, they spoke in Chinese. One thing is for sure, life is interesting if you want it to be.

 It's an alfresco kind of day. That's the beauty of summer.

Last shot of the day:

Who's that lady (who's that lady)
Beautiful lady (who's that lady)
Lovely lady (who's that lady)
Real fine lady (who's that lady)
Hear me callin' out to you
'Cause it's all that I can do
Your eyes tell me to pursue
But you say look yeah, but don't touch, baby
--The Isley Brothers

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike




Bonus shots!
Camera - Fuji X100F

Looks like summer is here!




And, a few taken with the Sd Quattro H and 50mm lens.








No comments:

Post a Comment