Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tele-Tessar T* 85mm f4 Test Run

I bought a Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 85mm f4 (M-mount) telephoto lens for use on my Sony A7II camera. At f4 this is not a particularly fast lens but I’m finding that a wide aperture like f1.4 isn’t all that essential in getting good pictures; or a least the kind of pictures I like to take.  Anyway, having said all that these are some test shots I took last Sunday.

It's Japan-South Korea Friendship day in Hinodecho today.

My good friend Nicky is always ready to pose for a test shot of a new lens.

She'll even turn the other cheek.

We were having lunch in an Italian restaurant in Bashamichi and this lamp with the brick background look like the kind of thing a person checking out a new lens would take a picture of.

A gas street light in Bashamichi.

Another gas street light in Bashamichi with the copper domed Kanagawa Historical Museum in the background.

Hanging out at the SriLankan tea house.

Crouching dragon adorning a tourist boat.

The love of my life.

What the heck! Who let me in here?

A walk will do him good.

The cruise ship Asuka II; registry Yokohama Japan. http://www.asukacruise.co.jp/

The art of fishing. I guess he didn't see all the no fishing signs posted everywhere.

The little girl with red shoes statue in Yamashita park. Probably one of the most photographed statues in the world.

The Minatomirai sky line.

Yamashita dori. Plenty of gas street lights here too.

China Town! Home of the man with the octopus head.

One of the many shopping streets in China Town.

I can fly!

Hanging out in front of the tasty dumpling shop.

The lady in red, just another pretty face in the crowd.

A flower grows in Yokohama park.

And, many more keep it company.

Putting the street in street photography.

Live performance at the Noge Jazz Festival.

When you're good people will line the streets to watch.

Singing the blues.

A street photographer.

She's putting her heart and soul into this song.

And, the crowd goes wild!

Last shot of the day. I call this "Yellow Lanterns"

Well, the Tele-Tessar is a great lens and I'm glad I bought it.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment