Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sigma SD1 and 30mm lens - walk about

This is a short set taken with my Sigma SD1 camera and a Sigma 30mm art series lens. These are all taken in familiar territory. It's a good way to compare different cameras and lenses and to see which provide the kind of results that I like.

Back in the seedy side of town.

Drab and dinghy during the day, this place looks like paradise at night; at least that's what I hear.

I'm not sure what they would hang to dry here.

Road guards directing traffic around men working on power lines.

I call this "Woman on the go, men on the slow"

Moving on to Bashamichi where horses adorn the gas street lights.

There is no finer avenue in Yokohama for strolling than this one in Bashamichi. Both sides of the street are lined with trees and flowers.

I just wanna ride my bicycle.

A hazy day on Yokohama bay.

Being married by the ship's Captain.

Perhaps after the ceremony there'll be a reception on the aft party deck.

What light through yonder window breaks?

Crouching  nihonjin, hidden camera man.

Hibiscus Mutabilis, a cotton rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
I'm just full of Shakespeare today.
Well, it was fun shooting the SD1 camera today and the 30mm lens is a joy to use.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment