Monday, December 18, 2023

Cape Kannonzaki in Monochrome

Cape Kannonzaki is a cape at the easternmost point of the Miura Peninsula, which divides Tokyo Bay from the Pacific Ocean. It is on a rocky coast where the Kannonzaki Lighthouse, Japan's first modern lighthouse stands, and faces the Uraga Channel, Japan's busiest sea lane.

I arrived early and this was the first picture I made.

I made many pictures of this scene from different angles and distances, but I'm pretty sure that nobody wants to see 10 pictures of basically same thing. So, this is the last image I took before moving on. 

It was a very windy day. 

I had to find places to stand where the wind was blocked by a rock or a seawall.

I feel lucky that this place is so close to my home.

It only takes a short train trip and a bus ride to get here.

Before taking these pictures I had to move some drift wood and pick up a little bit of trash.

A LNG ship in the distance.

The rocky formation on the left-side is blocking the wind for me.

On the upper righthand side is a fence. Most people stay on the other side of the fence, only fools like me come down here where the waves crash on the rocks.

I love it here.

Moving on; this is the original Kannonzaki lighthouse. It's no longer in service.

Some other people walking around Cape Kannonzaki.


All the leaves are gone.

In the summertime this place is filled with swimmers.

Ships come and go. 

This is the new modern lighthouse.

This ship is on it's way out heading for the open seas.

More visitors. 


The ships come and go.

Everyone who visits Cape Kannonzaki takes this picture.

I've been here for 3 hours, I think it's time to go home.

Last shot of the day: the Bōsō Peninsula in the distance. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!



















































No comments:

Post a Comment