Friday, March 17, 2023

Miura Beach in March 2023

 I hadn't been to Miura Beach in a while so I decided to get reacquainted!

I got of the train at Tsukuihama train station and walked to the beach. This is actually a boat ramp that is next to the beginning of the beach.

Miura beach on a cloudy overcast day. Nobody here except me and some old rental boats.

It's the middle of the week in March and I'm the King of the beach!

I prefer visiting the beach in winter. It's just me and Mother Nature. 

Peaceful, beautiful, and... it's free!

As it gets closer to noontime the sky changes from dark and overcast to a beautiful blue color filled with fluffy white clouds. You can't tell by looking at these pictures but there's an annoying cold wind blowing here. 

In all the years I've been coming to Miura beach I've never seen any of these boats in the water. 

The boardwalk.

Another boat that has never moved. It's always here. It's probably too expensive to dispose of it.

I'm cold, tired and hungry... guess where I'm going!

I'm not a big fan of McDonalds food but sometimes it really hits the spot.

Yummy yummy! 

I have to say that the Miura beach McDonalds is one of the nicest McDonalds I've ever been in.

It's clean; I mean it's really clean! And, the service is terrific.

The main dining room is on the second floor.

One can eat their meal and enjoy a panoramic view of the beach.

After lunch I walked back to the Tsukuihama train station to go home. 
Here's some good information for anyone that gets inspired by my blog to visit Miura beach. Across the street from the train station is a small Keikyu store. It may be small but it's got everything a person needs to eat and drink; that includes already cooked food and cold beer!

Day 2: Miura beach is the best! 

Two days later I decided to return to the beach. Being retired is the best! Today I'm sharing the beach with one other person.

I'm very attracted to these rocks in the water. 

I keep trying to find the best way to photograph them.

I think this a great place to bring somebody you love; afterall it's free! 😍 

Here come the Miura beach horses.

Riding the horses is not free.

Guess where I am. It's lunch time and McDonalds is the most convenient place to eat.

Now it's time to introduce you to the public toilets of Miura beach. 
There 4 public toilets, I'm only going to show 3 of them. The 4th one is too far down the coast and it's very small.

Public Toilet Number One - 5 star rating!

Public Toilet Number Two - 5 star rating!

Public Toilet Number Three - 5 star rating!

There's lots of car parking here too! It's "pay for parking" but the distance from the parking lot to the beach is only a couple of meters. 

This is where they hang the daikon radish to dry. Unfortunately the season is over and the racks are empty.

This is how the beach looks to the naked eye.

This is how it looks when I put the camera on a tripod, put an ND filter on the lens and do a timed exposure of 20 seconds. 

Another 20 second timed exposure.

And, finally I'm back at the same boat ramp I was at in the first picture of this post and it's time for me to go home.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!


























No comments:

Post a Comment