Sunday, March 5, 2023

A Sunday Walk Around in Yokohama!

 Sunday is the best day for walking around Yokohama. All kinds of people to see and things to do. On Sunday many of the car and motorcycle enthusiasts drive around town with their vintage vehicles.

A classic Honda CB750 motorcycle. 

The Kawasaki 750 MACH III. If this bike had wings it would fly!

And, there's the vintage sports cars. A British Lotus Europa from the '60s.


This car is really rare: The Toyota Sport 800. 


Hey! This Volkswagen Double Cab Pickup may not be pretty but it is special. 

It's the Kawasaki MACH III guy again! Maybe he wants me to take more pictures of him.

Sunday also brings out the modern exotic expensive Italian sports cars. This Lamborghini looks and sounds beautiful. 

Bye bye Lamborghini!

It was time for lunch so I bought a bento (box lunch) and ate it at Zou-no-hana park. These little toy elephants that are all around the park are real kid magnets.

After lunch I was walking to Nihon Odori boulevard when I was passed by this beautiful vintage Nissan Bluebird.  

Recently with the reduced COVID restrictions Yokohama has started providing free entertainment on Sundays at Nihon Odori boulevard.  When I showed up I was quit surprised to see all these photographers setting up for the first show. 

What the heck! These guys look serious. One would think that Bruce Springsteen was going to be here.

Nope, not Bruce. It's just this kid and...

…his older sister!

These guys were going nuts over a couple of young DJ Rappers. 

I have to admit, they were pretty good.

They certainly had a strong fan base.


I think this guy's camera lens was a little overkill. 

While she was doing her thing I moved to the other end of Nihon Odori Blvd. to see what the next act was going to be.

A Bavarian string band?  I listened to their sound check and they were terrific! Somehow I don't think that they'll draw as big a crowd as the young DJ Rappers. 

As I was walking toward Yamashita Park I spotted another Toyota Sport 800. This is strange, most people never see one 800 in their lifetime and I've just seen two in one day... very peculiar! 

Another Vintage Honda.

Man! It just keeps getting better: A beautiful Honda S600 sports car.

Hair flying in the wind.

Flying down the road with a smile on the driver's face.

Is this a classic? It should be... it's got round headlights and a chrome bumper.  What more does a vehicle need to be a classic?

Of course! It needs venetian blinds on the rear window! 

Here comes a vintage Harley-Davidson lover.

Sounds loud! As it should.

When I arrived at Yamashita Park I was happily surprised to see that the renovation of the Indian Pavilion was nearly completed.

On to Chinatown. Not everyone is pleased to see me. 

Chinatown is really crowded today.

On my way back to Hinode-cho train station I passed by a mother who loves her little baby.

Last shot of the day: I was almost at the train station when I spotted this fantastic little British MGB sports car.

Yes, Sunday is always fun in Yokohama!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!








































No comments:

Post a Comment