Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I Love A Parade! - Yokohama Chinatown (October 1st, 2019)

Today I decided to visit Chinatown (Yokohama, Japan) and I'm so glad that I did. It was my lucky day, they were having a big parade and I love a parade!

Okay, maybe the parade is related to the 70th anniversary of the PRC, but politics aside, parades are fun.

There sure is a lot of red color everywhere.

It's not a Chinese celebration without a dragon.

Now this is what I want to see, a high school marching band.

They sound great!

I admire kids that have what it takes to be a part of a marching band.

This is where they have to wait for the people in front of them to move farther down the road.

They're back on the move.

The big horns are sounding great!

Next up was this guy balancing a big "heavy" ceramic jug on his head.

I'm impressed.

I think I've got their attention.

Now I know I've got their attention. This is fun!

There is no shortage of beautiful women in this parade.

I think he's playing a Chinese banjo.

I can't read the sign...

And, I don't care what it says! I don't think these girls know the effect the afternoon Sun is having on their dresses.

Such a wonderful day for a parade.

The Sun is bright but the humidity is low - perfect!

Boy, the Chinese really know how to have a parade.


Parasols on the go!





Next up, more beautiful girls.

She had to wait in front of me for a minute before the parade could move forward. I said she looked great!

She heard me.

They're back on the move.


Did somebody ask for a violin player?

No problem.

How about a Koto player riding on a rickshaw?

Here she is!
Maybe it's not a Koto but it looks like one to me.

Guys with lanterns.

Why not!

So colorful, this parade seems like it'll never end.

I don't want it to end.

I don't think she wants it to end either!

But, all good parades must come to an end and that's what this is.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!

































No comments:

Post a Comment