Thursday, October 24, 2019

Everyday is like a walk in the Park

Sunday in Yokohama is almost always a special day.

Last Sunday Emi and I went to Yokohama for a lunch date. After lunch we walked around and happily found that a big festival was going on.

There will be dancing in the streets!

So colorful.

Never to young to get in on the action.


Round and round the dancers go, when it stops nobody knows.



I guess it stops when the tuba starts to play.

Nothing like the sound of a tuba to get you going.

Bring on the trumpet too!

As we walked around we found this group just getting started.

They're called "Gypsy Groove".

This is a link to a video somebody shot that day:
https://youtu.be/q4fiMd4rzdk

These guys are really good. When they played "Volare" everyone in the crowd sang along with them - in Spanish!

The tents behind the couple to the left were all serving gourmet coffees.

This guy is a real virtuoso on guitar.

I think he heard me say that.

The lady in red was enjoying a beer as well as the music.

Moving on - which way did they go?

It just never ends. At Zou-no-Hana park there was more dancers.

Their fans looked like flames.

Another group of dances are stampeding toward me - I love it!

Everyone is having a good time.

Is she trying to tell me something? I guess it's time for us to go home.

Catching the train back home.


Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shoots!
Sunday's are always great, and Monday's aren't so bad either!


























No comments:

Post a Comment