Sunday, July 15, 2018

Noktoning around in the Summertime

What is Noktoning? It's when I put my Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 "Nokton" VM lens on my Sony A7II camera and go out walking around taking pictures of people, places and things. I think the Nokton lens can take ordinary everyday life and make it look magical. Last week I was out in the summer heat and humidity with this camera rig and this is what I saw through the Nokton lens.

The man next to me.


An average man with an average plan? 

The delivery man with bigger dreams and not so average plans.

Living under the sun.

The Nokton lens can make a hot day look cool and refreshing.

Walk this way.

And then, walk on by.

The streets of Yokohama's China Town look more Chinese with this lens.

The dreary alleys are transformed into an exotic maze to be explored.

A poor man with holes in his shorts becomes an explorer with an interesting story to tell anyone who will buy him a drink and listen to him.

She said that if I came here for chopsuey I came to the wrong place.

Looking for a friend.

The main street is a bit nicer than the back streets.

They replaced the fire hydrants with ice cream cones.

Follow the grey brick road.

A lady in red, a shot bar, could it get any better?

Maybe not.

Heat exhaustion on the move.

Tap, tap, tap.

Sometimes I sit and watch the world go by.

I think this guy should be wearing a hat. Sun stroke is no joke.

The view from this side of the street is pretty nice.

I knew I should have invested in umbrella manufacturing.

They are everywhere.

Hmmm... looks like somebody took the umbrella out of her hand without her noticing.

Now for a day at the Kurihama summer street party.

It's still early. When the sun goes down and the fireworks start this place will be jam packed and crazy.

Adrift in a grassy green sea.  I must have got lost, need to return to the main street.

Okay this is better.

These girls were drinking out of an IV bag. I have a hard time keeping up with what today's youth are doing. Actually I gave up; it's easier that way.

I see the Kurihama ferry in the background.

I don't even try to keep up with the hair styles.

I wonder if she has any cold beer in that backpack?

This looks like a good place for a cheap date.

Day 3 and a quick wrap up on the Noktoning scene.

It's time to talk.

Put your hand in the hand of a loving parent.

Another hand in the hand situation.

She's stepping out.

Last shot: She likes to ride her bicycle.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike


Bonus shots!
Sigma Sd Quattro camera and 30mm lens.












No comments:

Post a Comment