Thursday, July 5, 2018

It's X100F under the Sun in Yokohama!

Hot in Yokohama! All images shot with the Fujifilm X100F camera.

The sun's out the heat's on the days of summer are here!

Some people know how to make a hot day look cool.

Man! look at the size of those french fries.

And you may tell yourself  "this is not my summer yacht".
*Nod to the Talking Heads.

This is one of those days that when you look in one direction it's pale and hazy...

...look in the opposite direction and the sky is blue.

So, I'll just keep looking in that direction.

This used to be part of a train line that connected the waterfront piers and warehouses with Yokohama station. That station is now called Sakuragicho Station and Yokohama station was moved further inland.

Cool women in black dresses.

Men in summer black attire.

Wired for sound.

The sun shines brightest on the beautiful one.

Another remnant of the old train line.  This line headed toward Yamashita park.

My retirement plan is still alive and well.

This is Shin Yamashita, a part of Yokohama that I rarely visit. There are dozens of large steel barges moored here. In the distance on the right side of the picture is the defunct Tycoon Restaurant.

By-the-way, this Fuji X100F camera is making me happy. I find that I get better results when I slightly underexpose the images.

I wonder what they use all these barges for? I will explore more in the future.

Looking back over my shoulder as I return to civilization.

Shielding herself from the sun's harmful UV rays with a Charlie Brown parasol. Very civilized indeed!

A sudden gust of wind brings a moment of uncontrolled laughter to this charming young lady.

There seems to be a charming young lady everywhere I look.

And, most of them are holding a parasol.

Hmmm, methinks she doth not trust the man with the X100F camera in his hand.

At last, it's time for a coffee break. The Cafe Veloce, admission is worth the price of a cup of coffee; no matter what that price may be.

Back on the streets of Yokohama.

Hinodecho station and the man next to me has found a good use for a bad comb over.

Day two of "Hot in Yokohama":

 And, I asked her "Do ya think I'm sexy"

OK, moving on, this is Isezaki shopping street.

It's hot and humid and she don't care. It seems like the older people get the less they care about these things. Like the saying goes "don't sweat the sweaty things".

Where can one go to escape the unbearable city heat?

Head for the breezy waterfront.

One would think that this place would be more populated on a day like today. Instead I've practically got the whole waterfront to myself. Lucky me.

Emi enjoying the view!

Big sky!

The Royal Wing berthed at Osanbashi.

I call this picture "A girl in a white dress" .

Ray Bans Japan

This is the moment when she entered the picture.

Day three: Matsuri parade!

Here it comes!

Baby, it's hot out here!

This Matsuri runs the length of the Isezaki shopping street.

The natives are friendly.

It's a generational thing.

They came, we saw, they left... the end.

Try to stay cool and as always...

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike



Bonus pictures!




















1 comment:

  1. great pics.....no street vendors selling italian ice?? :)

    ReplyDelete