Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Destination - Ofuna Botanical Garden!

I never knew but now I know; there is a Botanical Garden in Ofuna. Details are here.

So off I went to check it out and this is what I found. Lots of flowers!

There were flowers in every color imaginable.

Rows and rows of flowers.

Well, I guess it's expected in a botanical garden, but holy cow! This place is an amazing hidden gem.

Just wondering around with my Sony A7II camera and my Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton lens.

Poppies!

I don't know what the heck these flowers are but they sure look cool.

This place is pretty big. I had to roam around slowly to make sure I didn't miss anything.

The green houses in the background are for the workers. Off limits to visitors.

There is a hot house for visitors and it's full of incredible tropical flowers; like this one.

And, this one too!

An excellent place for a Father/Son outing.

I wish I had packed a lunch. Next time I will.

Sometimes I like to just sit on a bench and watch the world go by.

Rolling on by - flowers are good for ones health and well being.


I'm reminded of the Robert Frost poem "The Road Not Taken". It's easily my favorite poem.

Sadly I can't stay all day. I'm off to the train station to catch my ride home.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment