Friday, April 1, 2016

The New Sigma 30mm F1,4 DC DN Lens

I recently purchased the new Sigma 30mm F1,4 DC DN lens and coupled it with my Panasonic GX7 camera and went out to shoot the blooming signs of the spring season (and other stuff too!).

Spring has a funny way of bursting on the scene overnight. One moment it's bleak and dreary outside and the next there are flowers everywhere.

I couldn't resist testing the lens on my favorite set of windows.  It's probably odd that I have a favorite set of windows.

Cherry blossoms are blooming everywhere too.

I don't know the name of this flower; it certainly is an eye catcher.

Every year the city of Yokohama plants tulip bulbs  around Yokohama Stadium. When they start to bloom it's the greatest show on earth!

More cherry blossoms. This is what I call the "Hostess Sno Balls" variety.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Just one of the many reasons why Yokohama is an outstanding city.


The 30mm f1,4 DC DN lens is good for portraits.

And, it's ideal for shallow depth of field.

I took this picture as a reminder that the Noge street performers festival will be happening on the 23rd and 24th of this month. It's an exciting event that draws a large crowd.

There are flowers on every street corner of this city.

As I strolled by Zou No Hana I was just in time to see this A Capella group perform. They were terrific!

Back to the tulips.


Not only do I have a favorite set of windows, I also have a favorite set of clothespins too.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Testing the lens on my old friends Nicky and Nicole.

More windows!

More flowers!

More everything! This is the city of More!


This coming weekend will also have MORE people in the park. Most of them will be carrying cameras.

When the sunlight hits the tulips in a certain way the look like a neon sign.

The security pigeon is making his rounds.

There seems to be no end to the variety of cherry blossom colors.

Last shot of the day. An areal view of a Noge district street corner.

The Sigma 30mm f1,4 DC DN lens is reasonably priced for what one gets and for me it's a lot of fun to use.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment