Saturday, April 16, 2016

Shooting Film with the Contax G2 Camera

It's been awhile since I posted up some film pictures. It hasn't been awhile since I shot some film; I use my film cameras on a fairly regular basis. The problem was that my pictures sucked! So, I've persevered and I finally have a set to share that I don't think suck to badly. In this post all the pictures were taken with a Contax G2 camera, a 45mm and 90mm lens and Fujifilm ISO 400 color negative film.

The cherry blossoms are being replaced with green leaves.

There are still a lot of pink petals floating down the Ookagawa river and heading out to sea.

Anyone that follows my blog is probably tired of seeing pictures of tulips. Well, sorry about that but I love tulips and so here is more of that.

A walk in the park.

Overcast with a chance of rain; hence not so many people here today.



I don't think that film is better than digital, and I don't think that digital is better than film. I do think that film is more challenging than digital.


Getting things right with film is more rewarding for me.

The Contax G2 camera is a pleasure to use.



They are now making digital cameras that have options for mimicking different kinds of film.

Fortunately for me I don't need to mimic, I can use the real thing.




Tulips are beautiful!


More people are out today.

A sunny day in paradise.


Time to move on and see some other sights.

Egads! Who let me in here! That's the delightful G2 in my hands.

Walking the Yamashita dori.

Let's go to Le Bar for some Le Wine.

Not a very original shot but I was curious how the 45mm lens would handle this.

A blue sky would have been nice. Oh well, welcome to Japan where the sky isn't always blue.

Last shot. I've taken pictures of these windows in the Yokohama Historical Archive building a million times. However, on this day, a security guard come up to me and informed me that photography is no longer authorized in here; maybe it never was. Anyway, this is the last time I'll be posting pictures of these windows. Sad but true.

I'm hoping my film mojo is back and that I'll be able to share more film images in the future.

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Mike







No comments:

Post a Comment