Saturday, October 24, 2015

It's getting to feel a lot like Autumn

Less humidity, a little crispness in the air; I'd say the fall season is here!

Suddenly everyone is wearing jackets.

It's not that I don't like Summer, it's just that the fall season is such a nice time of year.

These images are from the second Sunday of October.

Sunday in Yokohama. One never knows what will be happening.

A free outdoor concert will be held here at 12:00.

The waterfront is a great place for jogging; not that I'm going to do it.

I am the walrus?

Like I said, one never knows what will be happening here.

 A Dewali celebration is being held in Yamashita park.

Only in Japan! Miss Naan Indian Flat Bread is here to keep us entertained.

Working out the last minute details before the show begins. Regrettably I won't be sticking around for it; my mission is to keep walking.

The girls of Motomahi!

They shop until they drop from exhaustion.

 Someone is late for the rendezvous. "I'm here, where are you?"  

Halloween at the Pompadour bakery.  


Time to make a run through China Town.

The delicious smells permeating from the restaurants is intoxicating.

People line up to get steamed meat filled dumplings.


Always crowded here on a Sunday.

Stacks of large wood steamers filled with bean and meat dumplings.

Another outdoor event. This young lady is quite striking in her red & white outfit.

Something is going on in front of the Kanagawa prefecture government building...

Dancers!

They were dancing to the theme song of the Austin Powers' movies "Soul Bossa Nova". Yeah baby!

Did someone order flowers?

Well, I see Oktoberfest is in full swing.

I never met a lantern I didn't want to photograph.

Last shot of a pretty exciting day. The back streets of the Noge district.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment