Monday, July 13, 2015

Summertime, and the living is hot!

Yes, summer is here to stay for now and the temperatures are heating up. That's why I like to walk along the Ookagawa River and enjoy the cool breeze and the shade of the trees.

It's also nice to walk through Bashamichi where the main avenue is lined on both sides with trees providing much needed shade from the hot sun. It's also lined with gas lamps that add a lot to the already nice atmosphere.

Yokohama park also provides a shaded haven for the walkers weary from the strong sun rays. 

Of course, one way to stay cool is to be inside an air conditioned room looking out.

But, no matter how nice the room or the window, or the view from the window, that's not my style.

I'd rather be sitting outside at a sidewalk café enjoying a cool drink and watching the world go by.

When you get down to where the Ookagawa river flows into the sea one can enjoy the breeze coming off the ocean.

Well, enough worrying about staying cool, it's time to worry about meeting my wife at Sakuragicho train station.

And, then it's time to look for a cold beer and start enjoying Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning and I decided to break out my old Sigma SD14 DSLR camera. I haven't used my SD14 for a couple of years. It's like getting reacquainted with an old friend.

Sunday and this construction site is all quiet.

It's pretty quiet by the Yokohama museum of art too! 

Speaking of art, this is a piece of art by the base of the Landmark Tower.

While it may be art, it's not my cuppa tea.

More stuff in the vicinity that's also not my cuppa.

Ahhh, this is more like it, little sea cadets out for some boat rowing.

All ashore that's going ashore!

Cute kids, glad to see them out learning the team work required to successfully row a boat up and down the river.

Moving on... it's a jungle out here.

Not really a jungle, it's actually quite civilized out here.


Morning glories in bloom - it really is summer!

Portable sunshade. 

The wide open space of Odori Koen (Odori park).

Kiss fans come in all shapes, sizes and ages.

"Two for the road"

Some people take their work seriously. Thank goodness!
It was fun shooting my old SD14 DSLR camera, I should do it more often.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment