Sunday, July 16, 2023

Saturday at Tsukuihama Beach - It's Wild!

 Last Saturday I went to Tsukuihama Beach to see if there would be any windsurfers.  Wow! I've never seen so many windsurfers here at one time.

It was about 9:00 am and there was some sort of event going on. A lot of young people.

While all the young people were getting their windsurfers ready the older guys were already out having fun.

All the young ones are wearing the same t-shirts.

A lot of girls here.

There are some really good surfers here today.

Some of these guys look like they're in their 70's.

This guy is fearless.

He's always trying new tricks.

Meanwhile, the young peoples are still moving their gear around the beach.

What is "Prolimit"?  https://www.prolimit.com/

Per their website they make windsurfing stuff. 

Mr. Fearless is flying through the air!

I've yet to see any of these guys just get in the water.

It's hard not to watch Mr. Fearless.

Ooops! Mr. Fearless is going down hard! Not to worry he got right back up and continued windsurfing.

The windsurfers are so colorful.

Some of the girls look pretty tough. 

This is called wing-surfing.

Looks like it's becoming quite popular.

His board went one way and he went another.

The wing has to be inflated. This girl is using a big air pump to inflate her wing.

I'm not the only guy taking pictures.

It looks like fun!

Windsurfers come in all sizes and shapes. 

I took a little break from the windsurfers to see what the people at Miura beach were doing. 

A scooter is a great way to get from one end of the beach to the other.

Most people are like me, they walk from one place to another.

This is called Kite-surfing.

I was just in time to see the Miura beach horses.

For anyone interested in this here is their web site: https://beachriding.jp/english/



I walked back to Tsukuihama beach and the young people were still sitting around.

And, the older people were still out on the water having fun.

Well, by this time I was getting sunburned and I was hungry for lunch. So, I took one last look at the beach and then I headed to Tsukuihama train station - it was time to go home!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!

































































No comments:

Post a Comment