Thursday, June 1, 2023

A Day at the Beach

 What can I say? I love to take long exposure pictures at the beach. 

It was an overcast morning, gray sky, a few rain drops, some would say it's the worst conditions for photography. So, of course I grabbed my camera gear and tripod and took the train to Nobi and I'm glad I did!

The sea condition was just what I was hoping for. 

I'm using an old Fujifilm X-T2 camera, a Fujinon 16-80mm f4 lens and an ND 1000 filter.

Nobi is a unique beach. Almost all concert and very little sand.

I like it here. 

It's never very crowded. On a day like today I have the beach all to myself.

I keep moving around trying to find interesting ways to capture the scenery. 

Occasionally a jogger runs by or somebody walks their dog past where I'm set up with my tripod. If they take notice of me they probably think I'm crazy.

It's raining now. No problem, I have an umbrella.

After awhile I decided to walk down the coast to Tsukuihama beach. It's about a 30 minute walk and by the time I arrived at Tsukuihama the rain had stopped.

Tsukuihama beach picture #1

Tsukuihama beach picture #2

Two pictures was enough. Now I'll walk to Miura beach. It's about 15 minutes to walk to Miura beach and when I arrived it started raining again so I went to McDonalds for lunch. After a couple of cheese burgers and a cup of coffee the rain had stopped so I went to the spot on Miura beach that has the rocks sticking out of the water.

This is my favorite place.   

Every time I come here the conditions are different. The tide may be high or low, the sky may be blue or like today it's gray; sometimes the waves are big, other times it's flat. It's always different.

What ever the conditions may be I always enjoy this place.

Some people looking at these pictures might thing that they all look the same. And, I would understand that; they all are somewhat similar.  

However, each one is a little different. I'm always trying to time the waves so that I'll get the greatest visual effect.

I move my camera & tripod to different positions.

Here the wave is coming in.

And, here the water is receding back into the ocean.

Zoom in a little closer, change the exposure time and see what happens.

I feel a lot of excitement when I do this kind of photography.

A line of floats. For what purpose I do not know.

The big picture! I'm heading in this direction to a place that has fewer rocks in the water.

At high tide one can barely see them. 

At low tide several rocks are visible.

Today when I time the waves just right one [person] can see two rocks!

I finally decided that I was done taking pictures for the day. Of course that's when the clouds started to break up and the sun came out and turned the sky blue and the sandy beach a more sandy color. I didn't care, I was as happy as a person could be already. 😊 

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!








































































No comments:

Post a Comment