Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Yamaguchi Prefecture - Hagi City

More from Yamaguchi Prefecture!

It was our last day of our 3 day tour and we started out the morning visiting Hagi City. The first place we visited was "Kikuya Residence".

It's a National Important Cultural Property and the first thing I thought is that I need to improve my technique for taking pictures of Japanese gardens.

It's a nice place to visit, even the entrance to the public restroom is picturesque.

The small side streets in this area are lovely.


And, here comes the love of my life.

And, then there's me.

Many of the shops in this area set up tables full of the traditional Hagi pottery on the side of the street.

There was a cozy looking coffee shop near where our tour bus was parked. Unfortunately it wasn't open yet and I was really in the mood for a good cuppa coffee.  Oh well.

There are bilingual signs a plenty to help foreigners get around.

Next up - we got back in the bus and drove across town to visit Shoin Shrine.

There is so much to see at Shoin Shine I started with this picture of an old school house.

Then I moved on to the more traditional shrine type photos with the Torii gate.

The best thing about visiting a Shinto Shrine is the tranquil atmosphere.

As I walk around I feel calm and comfortable. I feel at peace.

Prayers on paper tied to a rope.

A purification station.

A torii gate closeup.

A peek inside the shrine (no flash).

It's very quiet. I could walk around here for hours.

Another purification station with a view to a shrine.

Mini umbrellas hanging from a branch of a tree.

I don't know why and I don't care. I just enjoy what I see and then move on.

A stone torii gate.

There are some small shops near the entrance of the shrine selling various local products.

There's a large variety of the local Hagi pottery.

Walking back to the bus I couldn't help but notice how clean it is here.I haven't seen a single scrap of litter anywhere in Hagi city.

The last place we visited in Hagi city was Yuzuya Honten factory.
http://e-yuzuya.jp/en/
Yuzu is a kind of orange and the use it to make tastey juice, marmalade and other stuff.

There is still more to come Yamaguchi Prefecture so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!
From a dreary day (yesterday) in Yokohama.























No comments:

Post a Comment