Friday, September 6, 2019

September is here at last!

August is gone and I say good riddance! Goodbye to the heat and humidity. Hello September! Strangely though it's still pretty darn hot out here but there is a dip in the humidity. To celebrate this changing of the months I'm going out for a walk around Yokohama.

I can tell that she can tell that there's a slight change in the atmospheric conditions..

A man hauling a load of long green onions on his bicycle.

It's funny how the beret hat never goes out of style. Perhaps I should buy one and wear it... someplace where nobody knows me of course.

There is happiness in the air.

The mid-day sun is starting to get a little bright.

Here in the Isezaki shopping street there are signs everywhere that say "walk your bike".

Where am I?

Here in Japan we have a vehicle design for every job. And, there is no job too small.

Artists line the sidewalk in the Bashamichi district sketching and painting the historical buildings.

Standing on the corner enjoying a Starbucks fancy-dancy latte something or other. Well, not me, Mrs. Folgers' coffee has always been good enough for me!

The noon sun is starting to cook people.

Not her. She has the ultimate sunscreen. Guaranteed to stop the strongest UV rays.

I guess bigger is better.

Humans are mere ants on the face of the earth.

I think I saw a "No Fishing" sign 10 feet from where this guy is fishing. Illiteracy is bliss.

He's in trouble now. Here come the fishing police.

It looks like she's using her iPhone as a divining rod. Of course most people probably don't know what a divining rod is.

He's got the whole world in his hands.

The boys are back in town!

This is the part of my walk-about where I sit on the curb and watch the world go by.



Back on my feet and looking out at Yokohama bay.

They say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. The grass in Yamashita park is pretty darn green. By-the-way, the grass must feel pretty good too.

Now I know why the grass is greener here in the park.

Not so many people in the park today.

A Jaywalker in Motomachi.

Motomachi has the nicest streets.

The main street is so picturesque.

I see the streets of Chinatown are a bit trashy today.

She looks like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders.

Might want to stay clear of her - she looks a little bit mad.

Ain't no sunshine gonna get her down!

Well, well, well... a fair young lady in a kimono.

First time for me to see a woman in a kimono wearing a sun hat. She wears it well!

Just past this bus stop is the entrance to the Blue line subway station and I think it's time for me to go home - how convenient.

Some people don't like to use public transportation. They like the convenience of owning and driving a car. Not me. I love public transportation. I have no problem standing on the platform and waiting for the subway to arrive. Yep, no problem at all. I could stand here for as long as it takes for the subway to show up.

Oh well, the subway has arrived and it's time to go.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike


Bonus shots!



















No comments:

Post a Comment