Tuesday, December 11, 2018

One Hundred and One Porsche in Yokohama

Greetings Porsche fans and fans of all things Yokohama!

It was a typical Saturday in Yokohama, I was walking around taking pictures of everyone and everything.

I was carrying my Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera with a Fujinon XF 35mm f2 R WR lens mounted on it.

I can only wonder...
How does it feel to be
One of the beautiful people
Lennon/McCartney

When I arrived at the Aka Renga Soko Red Brick Warehouse area there was a classic car exhibition going on.

Now, for those of you that came here to see Porsche cars, don't worry, we'll get there from here.

There were many classic cars on display but my favorites were the Karmann Ghias. I think they look so cool.

I realized that I'd brought the wrong lens for shooting pictures of cars and I decided to comeback the next day with a wider angle lens.

I finished the rest of Saturday taking random pictures of the usual suspects.

High heel struttin'

As the sun goes down on the day the bars and restaurants start to fill up with customers.

Day 2: Sunday

I returned to the Aka Renga Soko Red Brick Warehouse area expecting to see all the same cars from the day before. Instead they had been replaced with Porsche cars for as far as the eye could see.

No two cars were the same.

This was Porsche heaven.

By-the-way, today's camera rig is the Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera with a Fujinon XF 18 mm f2 R WR

Here's a guy on a cheap date. This car exhibition is free!

Car collecting is a rich man's game.

Inspecting all the little details.

My wife likes the red ones.

One last shot before moving on.

Back to the streets of Yokohama.

It's a beautiful day for a walk in the park.

The sunshine's bright, the day gets warmer, off come the coats.

She's making a list and checking it twice.

It's Sunday and almost everyone is carrying a camera.

A man and a woman... I can hear Johnny Mathis singing in my head.

Now I'm hearing "As Time Goes By". That's all for Sunday.

Time for a look at what I did last weekend.  The Porsche weekend was in November. It's December now and things are a bit colder.

The sky is grey, the autumn leaves are blowing away.

It's getting darker earlier in the day.

A cold wind is chilling the air, my jacket has been replaced with a coat, my hands are covered with gloves.

A change in the weather doesn't stop people from going out and having fun.

A small boat heads out to sea for a three hour tour, a three hour tour (get it?).

The Yokohama Bay Bridge.

The cruise ship Asuka II is moored at Osanbashi pier.

The bus stop at Osanbashi pier. If you look close you can see that a Christmas wreath is on the center headlight of the bus.

A happy couple, the proud father pushing the baby carriage.

The city can be a lonely place.

Last shot: As the day turns to evening the lanterns are lit to invite the customers in for a bite to eat and a drink to drink.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!
Sony A7II camera and Voigtlander 50mm f2.0 Heliar Classic VM lens (Limited Edition - Silver)

























No comments:

Post a Comment