Sunday, November 11, 2018

Autumn Roses and other stuff too!

I decided to spend a little time shooting pictures of roses and other stuff with an 85mm lens. So, I grabbed my Sigma Sd Quattro H camera and Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens and headed for the rose gardens in Yokohama to have some fun.

I started in the rose garden in Yamashita park.

Firstly, I didn't realize the so many flowers bloom in Autumn. I thought flowers were more of a springtime only thing.

Secondly, the rose garden in Yamashita park is really nice.

These are just a couple of the professional gardeners that maintain the flowers here. There are many more.

Thirdly, If one is within a few hours of travel away from Yamashita park I recommend you to visit; a walk in the park will do you good.

Lastly, if one does visit, bring a camera and have some fun like me!

These are some flowers from the gardens in the Harbor View Park. This park is only about a 30 minute walk from Yamashita park.

By-the-way, I like this lens/camera combination.

 The Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG lens is a bit heavy but it's great for giving the flowers a kind of soft touch look.

And, the Sigma Sd Quattro H camera is good for the way it captures colors.

So soft and delicate - only Mother Nature can make such a thing of beauty.

There are a lot of painters hanging out in the park to.  When I look over their shoulders to check out their work I am always amazed at how good they are.

Mellow yellow!

A group of painters were eating lunch in this... whatever this structure is. I guess I could call it a gazebo.

This 85mm lens is also great for people pictures.

I'm thinking about:
"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow"
A line from Lauren Bacall in the 1944 Humphrey Bogart movie "To Have and Have Not"

This lens turns the main street of Motomachi into a scene out of a movie.

One of the nice things about Motomachi is that it's clean. I mean really clean. No trash or graffiti anywhere.

As the day gets a little darker the images get better.

85mm is a nice focal length for isolating people. This picture was taken on the Hinodecho train platform.

Smile for the camera!

A couple days later I went back to Yamashita park with my Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 85mm f4 ZM lens mounted on a Sony A7II camera.

Different photography rig, a sunny day and things are not the same.

A bit of a tangled look.

This flower is not alone.
Stay tuned for more flowers of autumn!

And, as always...

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!





















No comments:

Post a Comment