Monday, July 21, 2014

Contax G2 & Fujifilm Acros 100

Here I go again. I'm still on that quest to put up some decent black & white images using film as the medium. This time I used my Contax G2 camera with Fuji's Acros 100 ISO film. So, on with the show!

The love of my life enjoying a highball with me in a Takoyaki Highball Stand Bar in downtown Yokohama.

Yes, it's me.

Some typical scenery in the back streets of Noge.


This is an entertainment district that has a lot of bars, restaurants and clubs. It's also known for it's street performers (jugglers, acrobats, dancers, etc...).

Hinodecho-station. Due to the fact that there is off-track horse racing near this station it is quite often flooded with people coming and going to place bets on the horse races.

The people come and go, the trains run on an exact schedule, this is an excellent form of transportation.

Many people go about their business oblivious to those around them. Thankfully they are oblivious to me as I take pictures.

On the opposite side of the tracks three friends chat while waiting for the north bound train.

One of my favorite places, Oosanbashi! The wood deck seems to beg to be a part of the picture. The silhouettes of people strolling about in the harsh sunlight make them appear like pawns in a life size board game.





The Hikawa Maru steam ship. Permanently moored with it's stern facing toward Yamashita Park. To tour this historical beauty of a vessel one only needs 200 yen (about $2.00 U.S.) and a little free time.

After touring the ship one can stroll the promenade like the early foreign visitors did in the 1900's.

One of the many bridges over the Ookagawa river. This one happens to be my favorite.

As I said earlier, Noge is famous for the street performers such as this beautiful samba dancer.

And, this fellow who was juggling flaming torches while riding a tall unicycle.

Viewing a man viewing the tulips in black & white; what was I thinking? However, I like it.

Another photo enthusiast.

Where does Mr. Ed go for a beer?

And now for a few scenes of Kappabashi and Asakusa in Tokyo.

Sky Tree in the background as I approach Kappabashi.

Entering the main shopping district of Kappabashi where people can shop for all things related to cooking and the restaurant industry.

It's a short walk from the shopping district of Kappabashi to the Asakusua area where one can see the sights via a rickshaw.


These guys pull their rickshaw's through the crowded streets with the skill and dexterity of a professional seamstress threading the eye of a needle.
Well, I'm still on that endless quest to get this monochrome film thing mastered. I get the feeling that it's going to be a long journey filled with plenty of disappointment - and that's OK with me.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment