Friday, January 28, 2022

Jogashima Island - January 2022

 I like Jogashima Island- I like it a lot! It's a small island but no matter how many times I visit I always see something new and interesting.

Day 1: The waves are crashing!


I like how the waves are rough and wild on one side of the breakwater and everything is flat and calm on the other side.

On the right side of the picture (in the distance) is Mt. Fuji covered by clouds. It would be nice if the clouds move out of the way before I leave the island.

This is great! 

Another man with a cameraman and a fisherman.

The last thing one wants to do is fall into the water. 

One more look at the fisherman before I move on.

It is so thrilling to be standing here and looking at this.

Looking back as I walk up the hill.

Well, well, well! I waited at the top of the hill for about 30 minutes for the clouds to move, and this is my reward. Mt. Fuji!

I'm using a zoom lens so I'll zoom in for a better look.

There's a Japanese Navy Ship on the left side of the picture.

One last look down at the cove and then it's time to walk to the other end of the island.

This hole in the wall is a big tourist attraction for Jogashima Island.

Zoomed in. There are a few different ways to get to the hole. The easiest is the steps on the left side of the picture.

The bird sanctuary. The tip of the peninsula is covered with Cormorants.

A closer look.

I've made it to the other end of the island. 

The last shot of day one: Looking out to sea at Oshima Island. 

Day 2:

I felt like I had some unfinished business, I wanted some pictures before posting this thread. So, here I am back on the island. 

I climbed up a small hill to get this picture of the breakwater. The ocean is a lot calmer today.

I'm just poking around the rock formations taking pictures as I go.


The more I look, the more I see of the sea!

The slower one goes the more one sees.

The waves are picking up a little bit.

Big swells are rolling in. The sand on the beach is very coarse.

There are two lighthouses on Jogashima Island. 

A fisherman is looking out to sea.

This is a new area of the island for me to explore. I'll come back next week and really check it out. For now it's time to head back to the bus stop and go home.

One of the public restrooms on the island. There are at least 4 public restrooms on the island. All are cleaned and maintained daily.

Up the hill and turn right, the bus stop is a short walk away.

In the Summer this bus stop is packed with people. Today it's only me.

And, here comes the bus! Gotta go!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!
















No comments:

Post a Comment