Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Back to Jogashima then on to Yokohama!

 I felt like I had unfinished business on Jogashima Island so I went back. And, I'm glad I did. 

I feel lucky that I live so close to such a beautiful little island.

Using a train and a bus to get here the trip from my house to here is less than two hours. Good deal and cheap too!

This is the Jogashima lighthouse. It doesn't work but it's still standing.

New territory. This is why I came back to the island. I haven't explored this area. It's a bit hard to access. I press on regardless!

Holy cow! This part of the island is amazing. The ocean swells roll in and crash hard on the rocky coast.

A lot of fisherman out here.

The fisherman don't seem to be worried about falling in and being swept out to sea. I was worried! I'll be coming back here again.

Now on to Yokohama!

Yokohama is the best little city in the world. A lot of western influences here.

It's the perfect place for running...
...and walking.

Just put on a mask and go out and have fun.

Plenty of hand sanitizer here. 

And, in this coffee shop a cup of joe (coffee) is only 200 yen! 

Follow the waterfront in either direction and there's plenty to see.

The Minatomirai skyline viewed from Osanbashi pier.

The outer walkway of Osanbashi pier is barrier free. It's a great place to run or walk and the view is fantastic.

Put a coin in for a better view.

Exploring the side streets and back alleys of China Town.

Nice buses here.

Dog friendly too!

Old meets new - A Rickshaw driver checking his I-pad. 

I wanna hold your hand.

Emi is going into Uchikipan bakery to buy some bread to go with the wine tonight.

On the platform at Hinodecho train station. Now that we have our bread it's time to take the train back home and start the party!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!












No comments:

Post a Comment