Thursday, February 25, 2021

Goofing around Yokohama with the Sigma 24mm f3.5 DG DN lens

 I picked up the Sigma 24mm f3.5 DG DN "Contemporary" lens in Sony E-mount and I spent a couple days in Yokohama with it on my Sony A7III camera.

Day 1: It's a wide angle lens.

How wide is it? It's this wide.

Wide enough to get the whole bus in the frame.

I'm actually have a lot of fun with this lens.


Whenever a get a new lens I check it out on the Haikawa Maru.

The inner courtyard of the Yokohama Grand Hotel.

One big advantage of a 24mm wide angle lens is that if one is in a tight little backstreet one can still fit the entire car in the frame.

A view from the Italian Garden park.

And, another view from the Italian Garden.

I sat down next to this fountain in the Garden to get a close up shot when a strong gust of wind blew water all over me.

An old church just down the road from the Italian Garden.

A lot of rich people live in this area. I'm not one of them.

China Town!

Nothing beats a wide angle lens in China Town.


The driver of this bus took the corner like he was Mario Andretti! 

Some of the bars in Isezaki-cho are open 24X7.

End of day 1: Emi reads a magazine on the train ride home.

Day 2: Back at the stadium for a different point of view.

One of the stadium gates.

A classic Corvette pared on Nihon Odori boulevard. 


Where is everyone?

Another classic car coming 'round the bend.

One and a half men.

I'm back in China Town!





The furry thing is a dog.


Taking the mask seriously - as it should be!

Not taking the mask seriously. Public smoking is not allowed here in Isezaki-cho but many ignor the rule.

Last shot of the day: Saying goodbye to the train.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment