Saturday, November 11, 2023

Walking from Kurihama to Nobi - Seascapes

 It was looking like a nice day for photographing seascapes so I decided to walk along the coast of Miura Peninsula from Kurihama to Nobi.

I took the train to Kurihama and walked from the station to the beach.

There's a new power plant in the distant background.

After walking past the power plant and through a long tunnel I arrived at Nobikaigon beach.

It's a combination of rocky coast and sandy beach.

The sea can get pretty rough here so there's a lot of breakwaters just off the coast.

FYI:  I'm using a Fujifilm GFX50R camera and a Fujinon GF 45mm f2.8 lens mounted on a tripod to take these pictures.

Rocky coast.

It's Saturday morning and I'm the only person here.

The view from Nobikaigon Park.

This is a section of the beach that is more sand than stone.

Nobikaigon beach is not what I would call a swimmer's paradise. 

This is more of a dog walker's and surf fisher's beach. I see a lot of foot prints and paw prints in the sand.

Nice clouds help create a dramatic feeling.

I'm glad I came here today. And, I can't believe I'm still the only person here. 

This is a 40 second timed exposure.

I've reached the Nobi Beach Park. This is a view looking back at the coast I followed to get here.

More breakwaters.

The view looking forward from the beach park toward Miurakaigon.

Last shot of the day. Despite the calm peaceful scenery, I'm so excited about these pictures I took while walking the coastline. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!






















































No comments:

Post a Comment