Friday, November 3, 2023

A Day at the Beach

 I have been going to Yokohama quite a bit lately. It's hard to resist going to Yokohama, there are so many things to see and do and there are so many great restaurants to choose from for lunch. However, to much of a good thing is not always good. Sometime it's better to visit the beach and enjoy the slow pace of the waves lapping on the sand. So, today I went to Tsukuihama and Miura beach.

It was a hazy day and the sunlight was harsh so I decided to take the pictures in monochrome instead of color.

Tetrapods in the water.

Per the internet: A tetrapod is a form of wave-dissipating concrete block used to prevent erosion caused by weather and longshore drift, primarily to enforce coastal structures such as seawalls and breakwaters. Tetrapods are made of concrete, and use a tetrahedral shape to dissipate the force of incoming waves by allowing water to flow around rather than against them, and to reduce displacement by interlocking.

A different shaped tetrapod.

There's a boat ramp on the right side of the picture for fishing boats.

I noticed that there was a man sitting on the ramp with a fishing pole. Probably a retiree like me.

Same boat ramp scene from a different angle.

The guy by the boat is tending to his fishing nets.

Walking down the beach sidewalk I passed by a couple guys that seemed to be a bit over dressed for the surroundings.

They must be attending a funeral nearby.

Route 134 runs parallel to the beach and there is an abundance of restaurants along the way. 

It's a holiday today. What better way to spend one's day of than fishing.

A couple of guys are assembling the racks that will be used to hang Daikon Radish for drying in the sun.

These tracks in the sand were made by an ATV used to follow the Miura beach horses. It's the pooper-picker-upper vehicle.

A couple of older ladies enjoying a walk along the promenade.

One of the public restrooms on Miura beach. The beach toilet facilities are routinely cleaned. 

I have finely reached my favorite beach location - the Miura beach rocks.

The tide is high now. I like that.

I take pictures from different angles.

I zoom in and out.

I try to catch the small waves coming in and going out.

I love it here.

Last shot of the day: I switched back to color for this one. 
Now it's time to walk to Miurakaigon train station and go home. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!










































No comments:

Post a Comment