Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Gulls of Tsukuihama

 I bought a new zoom lens. It's a Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS "Contemporary" lens. One of the reasons I bought this lens was to take pictures of the windsurfers at Tsukuihama beach. Tsukuihama beach is famous for windsurfing, so off I went to fulfill my photography dream. 

When I arrived at the beach there wasn't a single windsurfer anywhere. The beach was completely empty except for one guy smoking a cigarette, so, I took his picture.

If I can't take pictures of windsurfers I'll at least take some pictures of the gulls.

There's one spot on the beach where it seems like there is always a small flock of gulls hanging around.

Why they like this one small area I don't know.

But, I'm glad they're here! 

The new lens is great for getting close-ups of these birds.

The gulls don't seem to mind me very much. 

When I walk closer to them, they walk a little farther away from me.

Maybe if I was sharing some food with them they'd let me get closer but I didn't have any food to share. So sorry. 

When I circled around them they walked away from me in the opposite direction.

I think I'll leave them alone and see what else I can find to take pictures of.

Well there's always cyclists on the beach road.

I'm zooming in on them.

I didn't think this lens would be this good. 

Good for motorcyclists too!

Eventually I wandered back to the gulls. 

They don't seem to be excited to see me again.

There are probably many different breeds of gulls. 

These guys all have a little red spot on their yellow beak.

This time I tried to get really close, they'd had enough and some of them flew away.

Off he goes!

Hey! It's a fisherman!

Actually it's a fisherwoman. 

Life is good.

Well, well, well! One single windsurfer has arrived at the beach.

My dream has been fulfilled at last!

Hey look, he can do it one handed.

A girl windsurfer was waiting for him on the beach. Lucky guy!

I was getting hungry so I decided to go home. As I was leaving the beach I noticed this one young man skipping stones on the water.

Young people can't do anything without their smart phone in their hand.

Last shot of the day: Just in front of the Tsukuihama train station this older fellow was buying cabbage at the roadside cabbage stand.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!































No comments:

Post a Comment