Friday, December 31, 2021

Last day of the year, go for a walk

 It's the last day of the year. I woke up and looked out the window, the clouds are dark in a beautiful way. I need to go for a photo walk.

I packed up my camera gear and ran to the train station. It started to snow on the way there. I took the train to Maborikaigan and sprinted walked quickly to the seawall. I wanted to get some pictures before the light changed.

It's about 09:10 am. I'm lovin' these dark moody clouds. The wind is cold, my fingers are freezing, my eyes are tearing up from the wind and the view finder on the camera is fogging up; damn I'm having such a good time!

Yokosuka city is off in the distance.

Suddenly a ray of sunshine pierces through the clouds behind me and washes the city in brilliant light.   

In the far distance I can see the Boso peninsula.

The clouds move the light is constantly changing, now everything looks like I'm shooting in black & white.

I left the seawall behind me and walked up the hill to the Hashirimizu view point. When I was here a week ago I could see Mt. Fuji as clear as could be. Now Mt. Fuji is hiding behind clouds.

There is a small beach (one of the smallest in Yokosuka) at Hatayamazaki Park. I stopped to take a picture. I think I'll change to a wide-angle lens for the next shot. 

Yes, that's better.

Moving on. The wind is still blowing but it's not as cold as it was earlier. 

I just keep following the coast. What else can I do? As long as the light stays like this I'm staying too.

I've arrived at Kannonzaki beach park. I'm taking pictures of parts of the park that I haven't shot before.

It's at times like this that I'm really happy that I live in Yokosuka.

Again I can see the Boso peninsula in the distance.

It's 11:56 am and it's not cold at all. 

Looking out to sea. 

This is what it looks like when one is facing the winter Sun.

Do an about-face and it looks like a typical beautiful sunny day in paradise. It's afternoon and I'm hungry.  Time to put away the camera and go home for a late lunch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike 

Bonus shots taken around Yokohama.

























No comments:

Post a Comment