Sunday, April 7, 2019

Cherry Blossoms Peak and... Tulips are here! Yokohama 2019

I just got back from a 3 day trip to the Japan Seaside near Kyoto (stay tuned for pictures and stories) and I decided to check out the status of the cherry blossoms along the Ookagawa river. I also wanted to see what was going on with the tulips around the Yokohama stadium.

Looking good!

This is about as good as it gets.



In a few days wind and rain will probably move in, better to enjoy this before it's gone.

Cherry blossoms make everyone look good!

It's Sunday and we're all coming out to enjoy the blossoms.

It's what we do.

Smile for the camera.

Never to old to enjoy a beautiful day.

I call this: Woman in hat looking good.

I said goodbye to the Ookagawa river and headed for Yokohama Koen (park) to check out the tulips. I had to get by this tough girl to get to the park.

Hey! Things a lookin' good here.

I take pictures with a camera but most people use their phone or tablet these days.

It happens every spring.

Yokohama Koen is also the home of Yokohama stadium.

A little sunshine really lights up these flowers.

A man with a real camera.

Suitable for framing.


I love this park.

The city of Yokohama has a tulip festival every year, thank goodness!

I'm a fan of the white tulips.

Pick a color and there's a tulip.


Yesterday everyone was wearing a winter coat and now people are wearing sun hats... that's spring.

Passing by people as I walk back to the Ookagawa river.

Back at the river and the tour boats are in full swing.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

The boats are designed to fit under the bridges.


One after another.

A local fellow is telling me that another boat is coming.

There it goes.

Time to go home and I pass by the nicest people on the way to the train station.

Last shot of the day: Not a fan of flowers.

All images taken with a Sony A7III camera and Voigtlander 40mm f1.2 Nokton VM lens

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!
All images taken with a Sony A7III camera and Voigtlander 50mm f1.2 Nokton VM lens















 














No comments:

Post a Comment