Sunday, June 18, 2023

Little League Wind Surfers

 I decided to go to Tsukuihama beach to see if there were any windsurfers out enjoying the day. When I arrived at the beach I was surprised to see that the windsurfers were children.

There are several windsurfing schools at Tsukuihama and one of the schools was giving lessons to kids.

Some the the children were being watched by their mother's. 

A good chance for mothers to chit-chat.

This one was too little for windsurfing so she played in the sand and surf.

Some of the kids were pretty good.

A little farther down the beach this guy was getting a one-on-one lesson. I guess it could be called a dry run!

After awhile I went down to Miura Beach to see what was happening there. A lot of cyclists out today.

Motorcyclists too!

As one cyclist was speeding down the road these two girls stepped out in front of him. They didn't look both ways before crossing.

After he did some quick braking the situation cleared up and he continued on his way.

It's a calm day and the paddle boarders are out paddling at Miura beach.

Some of the paddle boarders are looking good!

After about an hour I started walking back to Tsukuihama beach. 
The land across the bay is the Bōsō Peninsula. I like the way the clouds are hanging over the peninsula. In the center of the beach there are 3 sunbathers.

When I arrived at Tsukuihama the kids were gone and there were some other (older) people getting lessons.

New spot - Surf soccer! 

Several of the windsurfers are teenage girls.

They look like they're having a lot of fun.


She's coming in for a landing! And, it's time for me to go home.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!











































































No comments:

Post a Comment