Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Spring Equinox 2023

The Spring Equinox was 21 March, 2023 (yesterday). It's a holiday here in Japan. I went to Yokohama Koen (park) to see what was going on with the cherry blossoms and tulips. Wow! things are moving along very quickly.

Walking around Yokohama Koen.

I like the yellow tulips the most.

The tulips are just starting to bloom now, it won't belong before this place is exploding with more tulips.

The cherry blossom trees are in the park are darn near at full bloom! 

After walking around the Yokohama Koen I went to Zou-no-hana park and was happily surprised to find that there was an Acappella singing festival going on.


Every group was so good!

I went to Chinatown and it was packed! I've never seen it so crowded.

Back to Yokohama Koen. Everyone is taking pictures of the trees and tulips.


On my way back to the train station I passed by this tree next to the Ookagawa river.

Cold beer and cherry blossoms go well together!

This is a short post. I didn't want to wait too long to get the word out that Spring is here and if you wait too long to get out and enjoy it, you'll miss it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!







































No comments:

Post a Comment