Sunday, May 24, 2020

Umikaze Promenade - Yokosukakaigan Dori

Day 1:

I was doing my usual daily walk along the Maborikaigan seawall.

It was a gray dreary day. I didn't mind; I like dreary days.

Today I noticed a sign that I had not noticed before.I discovered that I was walking the Umikaze Promenade. Well! This is interesting.

This puts a whole new light on my daily walk.

I can't wait to get home and tell Emi about my new found knowledge.

Wait-a-minute! There's another sign I hadn't noticed before. On the right side of the picture there's a blue and white sign "Yokosukakaigan Dori".

More food for thought?

I must return home and think about this.

Are they thinking what I'm thinking?

Or, am I the only one thinking about  Umikaze Promenade and Yokosukakaigan Dori.

Maybe I'm over thinking.

No matter what I'm thinking one thing is for sure...

Life goes on.

And, we must all keep on truckin'.

Day 2:

Very sunny today!

I have returned to the  Maborikaigon seawall Umikaze Promenade!

The usual suspects are manning the rails.

Boys are chasing their shadows.

Nice clouds fill the sky.

The girls of summer are out today. And, I say "why not", it's a beautiful Sunday.

A vintage Nissan Skyline running down the road.

A hill top view of Hashirimizu fishing port.


Yokosukakaigan Dori is Yokosuka's coastal road. On a nice sunny day like today it attracts a lot of cyclists and motor cyclists.




See what I mean?



There's an endless string of cyclists today. 

I went farther than my usual 15,000 steps on my walk today. I discovered (thanks to google) that the Umikaze Promenade starts at Verny Park next to the JR Yokosuka train station and ends at Kannonzaki Park near the Kannonzaki Lighthouse. I thought I'd walk all the way to the lighthouse but I turned around before I got there; sore feet!

Maybe I'll go all the way tomorrow.

A day like today brings out the sports cars too!

This guy looks like he might be headed out to sea a bit too far.

Side Project:

Between the seawall and my house is Hinodeyu bath  house.

It's a traditional public bath house. I've bathed there many times.

They burn scrap wood to heat the bath.

The wood comes from old houses that get torn down to build new ones. The supply is endless.

The smoke stack.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mike

Bonus shots!















No comments:

Post a Comment